Apple Service Diagnostic 2.5.8 [PPC] | MacOS | 208.84 MB
This is an essential software CD for diagnostic and heat calibration of any G4 or G5 model listed below. If your Mac is misbehaving in any way, these tests will determine if a hardware component is faulty, to differentiate between hardware and software issues.
These tests are much more comprehensive and detailed than the tests provided by the regular Apple Hardware CD, and are primarily aimed at Apple Service Providers or users with some troubleshooting experience. However, it might save you a trip to the Apple Store and an expensive diagnostic fee.
Apple Service Diagnostic CD is designed to run both Open Firmware and Mac OS X tests from a single CD. Apple Service Diagnostic (OF) performs low-level tests of hardware directly and does not require an operating system to run. Apple Service Diagnostic (OS) uses Mac OS X to perform tests.This 2.5.8 version is compatible with the following Mac models ONLY:
- PowerBook G4 (17-inch 1.5GHz), PowerBook G4 (17-inch 1.67GHz),
- PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.5/1.33GHz), PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.67/1.5GHz), PowerBook G4 (12-inch 1.33GHz), PowerBook G4 (12-inch 1.5GHz),
- iBook G4 (Early 2004), iBook G4 (14-inch Early 2004), eMac (USB2.0),
- Power Mac G5, Power Mac G5 (June 2004 Series), Power Mac G5 (Late 2004),
- Power Mac G5 (Early 2005), iMac G5, iBook G4 (12-inch Late 2004),
- iBook G4 (14-inch Late 2004), Mac mini PPC (First Version), and iMac G5 w/ALS (Ambient Light Sensor).
Link for more information: www.apple.com